Thee most valuable home inspection in Orlando-Central Florida.

All full home inspections include an interior and electrical panel infrared scan by a Certified Thermographer, a free mold assessment, a free safety recall check and a free Threshold Inspection for Chinese drywall.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Most questions are asked through the magazines I write for and since this blog thing is new and I haven't advertised it anywhere, I thought I would throw out another interesting event...Just last week I had another “I’ve got a moisture intrusion issue, can you help me identify the problem” call. I love this stuff. From the front door, I was being briefed on the problem, symptoms and home owner diagnosis. At first glance, the problem was obvious to me. Following the physics…a visqueen vapor barrier was installed on the interior of the wall assembly. As water would pass through the wall, water vapor would condense on the visqueen, gravity would pull it down, capillary action would cause horizontal and vertical migration, water and cellulose (carpet/baseboard/tack strip) would enable mold growth which was Le Grande Manifestation on the interior. Wa, la. Diagnosis easy…cure simple but big pain in the butt! But…now it can be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment